Monday, July 27, 2009

A Tribute to Yasmin Ahmad

It was a sudden news to me, although I was a day late. After I came back from my PD trip, went to look at a few blogs, many posted tribute to the late Yasmin Ahmad. Then it hit me, did she pass away? Read the news that she pass away on Saturday at 11.30pm.




Yasmin Ahmad has always been an icon in the Malaysian entertainment industry. Many might know her from the wonderful, emotional and splendid advertisement she did for Petronas during all the festive events and also Merdeka. Some might know her for her movies like Sepet, Gubra and many more. I myself loved her commercials. Here are some of my favourites...

Chinese New Year ads


I loved this one...


A funny Deepavali one


A meaningful Raya commercial


A Merdeka commercial


And the best one..who can forget the lovable, adorable TAN HONG MING


There's a few she did for Ministry of Community Development, Singapore, about family. I loved this one...funny, yet has a meaning to it...

Little imperfection, that makes them perfect...for you...

Yasmin Ahmad, May you rest in peace...

No comments: