Wednesday, July 29, 2009

The day I went Ice Skating

Who would have thought that me, FREDDIE WEE, would one day go ice skating? I mean I always wanted to go, but seriously speaking, I always find excuses to NOT go. Either its too far, or I'm too lazy, or it's too expensive or I rather go shopping. But the truth is... I'm S C A R E D...Yes... I admit it...when it comes to skating, I'm a chicken...Imagine falling flat on the ice, or falling butt first, or just basically falling...the pain, the torture, the humiliation!!!

BUT!!!

I somehow went skating yesterday with Manda, Mark and Flora...And YES!! I was damn scared...So scared in fact, I was quiet...(yes, i know some of you are thinking...Freddie? Quiet? NO WAY!!) Well, ask the 3 of them la...
When I put the skates on...man..its damn tight fitting...the feet can barely move...I was asking so many questions. Was it suppose to be this tight? Was it this? Was it that? I think at 1 point, Manda got annoyed...ok..maybe Mark and Flora too..But I'm SCARED!!! Thank goodness they were resurfing the ice..so give me time to calm myself down...haha..damn drama right?

Me trying to calm myself down..haha

Us, thinking before skating...

Then when the resurfing is done, we went in. Mark and Manda ask to test the ice with the skates first to get the feel of how slippery was it...DAMN...its so damn slippery ok...And at that point, in my mind, I was thinking..WHAT THE HELL AM I DOING HERE!!!

Us, before starting to skate...

So i went in, tried to stand...Hey, i can. Look at how people were skating...hold on to the side and i swear I did not let go...Walk around the rink...like literally WALK for like a few rounds...Then decided la..since I'm here, my as well just learn how to skate la...so slowly letting go of the side, then tried to move forward, bending my knee... (actually, dowan to share this coz i shy..but i did a few research on youtube the night before on how to skate...most importantly, how to get up when you fall..haha) Its half skating, then if I feel like falling, I hold back the handle...BUT...I managed to skate wei...
So, started skating la...round and round and round...NOT BAD WEI... I can skate...then Manda ask to skate faster a bit..feel the wind in the hair...Mark says i has no hair..hahaha...which is true!!

But i was goin at my own pace, and it's fun...After skating like for an hour, the feet hurts badly. So went and rest with Flora(whom only skated like 15 mins and decided its not her thing..sheesh..she wasted the money) Then went out again...

Skating is quite fun though...next thing is to learn how to stop..coz right now, I'll be skating, and the only time I can stop is by banging the wall...haha...not literally la...But to hold on the side there so that I can stop in time la...Oh Oh...something drama happen...wo around 7 plus, I went out to take a break la..looking into the rink I see Manda and Mark still skating...then was talking to flora..the next thing i heard...DONG!! followed by a laughter that is so familiar...Then I stood up and said, 'OMG OMG!! Manda fell!!...erm..but she's laughing...Oh well'..then continue talking to Flora..haha...

Us after skating for 2 hours

Manda trying to do some stunt...face x jadi la..body almost...haha

Well, what can I conclude bout ice skating?
1. If you haven tried it yet, please go give it a try.

2. If you know how to skates, I dunno whether that helps or not.But all you nd to do, is bend your knee, and move forward...wah, me giving training..haha

3. Don't be afraid to fall.

4. Do a bit of research about ice skating...go youtube of buy ice skating for dummies. You'll learn a thing or 2 about it...

5. Be prepared for your feet to hurt...and sometimes, if you're lucky...like me... I got blisters...Pics as below...caution: pictures may be harmful and may cause you to feel nausea and disgusted...

I'm seriously very proud of my injury that I showed Gummy in the office..haha
And FINALLY!!!
I DID NOT FALL!!! YOOHOO!!
After skating, we went to Italiannies for dinner. What a nice way to end the day than to spend some time chit chatting and breaking bread(like literally)...laughing...oh..and Manda fall again..i tell you if she were to fallt he 3rd time, she would be the female version of Jesus wei...hahaha...
But all in all, it was a good day...a day with close friends, a day where I went skating for the 1st time...

True...only that we all have small appetite..

A proof, that I went ice skating..haha

No comments: