Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Here I Am, 1 year later

Hey, as you can see, almost exactly a year ago, i started this blog, with a different purpose, which is for my thesis/final year project. However, it din seem to be much used, so thats y I left this blog unused. But now, since i'm jus browsing through, was looking back at my blog, so i decided to post something on it.

Many things have happened within a year. MANY...memorable ones, sad wans, happy moments, enjoyable events...everything under the sun...all these happenings, they do change us, change our life and change the person who we are right now. Hence, this is not all that has happened for the past 1 year, but I'll shaer the best moments. Hope I can remember...Hmm..Lets see...

I officially took up the position as HFC choir leader, which I'm happy to say that i love my choir so much, even though there are ups and downs, but gone through that with the support of my lovable, dedicated,talented and most of all, the best choir ever. We're so good, ppl even complain..i mean COMPLAIN that we're so good. Its no more praising, but complaints coz I QUOTE 'we couldn't concentrate in prayer coz the music and the singing were too nice'. Been through a lot with my choir members. As usual, X'mas we went to Mandarin Oriental, and at last we manage to organize our retreat..which to me was a blast, where every1 get along with each other, tears were shed, shoes were wet, frogs were thrown, bathing without water, havin 8 eggs at a go, laughing out loudly, gossiping(we couldn't leave that out), sharing, singing, playing...It was memorable. Singing for one of our choir members wedding was a joy esp to me, coz we were actually singing for someone whom was choir members and under my direction. Keith and Allison's wedding was a memorable one and those who attended the wedding mass thought that it was like a MUSICAL. Its great to hear good things related to the choir, esp when its under your direction, and it does gives you the motivation to cont doin your best to bring the choir towards ever greater heights.



HFC Choir at Mandarin Oriental HFC CHoir retreat 2008


Well, On August 23rd was FINALLY my graduation. after struggling for 3 years studying accounting, i got my graduation certificate on that day. Somehow, it was a very joyous and memorable occasion for me, coz i never knew i was expecting it to be so grand. I myself was like..ok, its my graduation, so what...But that all change 1 week prior to the convo date, me thinking of meeting with my friends again, thinking of walking up on stage to collect the scroll, name being announced..( i know a few of you might b thinking right now..yah..tis is freddie..he loves the lime light...)seriously, i was excited bout all those stuff. Not because i love the lime light(WHICH I DON'T) but because of the fact that I've studied for 3 years and i only get to graduate once, which i plan to keep it that way coz i do not plan to further studies. However, throughout the 3 years of studying in UTAR sg long campus, i've never loose anything, but i gain a lot of experience, wisdom, maturity and more importantly, i gain more friends and the real meaning of life. I notice that everything happens for a reason. Accounting course wasn't my 1st choice. However, my dad insisted on putting that as my 1st choice, and thats how i ended up in Sg long. But come to think of it, if i never were to put accounting as my 1st choice, i wouldn't have met so many wonderful people in my university like chen, germs, quah, ang, miss fits etc etc. If i did not put accounting as my 1st choice, i wouldn't have met so many wonderful HFC members, i wouldn't have joined the best choir, i wouldn't have known the people i known now...manda, flora, sher, reu, mark, shaun, el, sandy, ann, ash etc etc..So, that's y i said, everything in life, happens for a reason. You might not know it now, but you will know it in the future..real life example. I would cherish the friendship I've made esp to my uni mates, whom i will seldom meet, my wonderful housemates(jacy, bfong, cyan,mchoo,lisan and chin lian) whom i'll miss disturbing(haha). Thank you all for the wonderful 3 years I've studied there.

My tutorial group with Miss Fitriya
My frens at convo


Wonderful housemates..yah..all girls..I'm so lucky am I


Well, after graduating, I was jobless for 3 months. Din have the urge to go find a job. I mean i went job hunting and all, but then din have the mood to pursue it. Until the opportunity came for me to go for an interview with an audit firm. I thought the interview did not go so well, coz i clearly remember what my answers was. The conversation goes something like that.


Interviewer : So Freddie, do you have anyone in your family working as an accountant right now?


Freddie : Yes. My brother used to be an accountant before, but now he's working for a software company in Singapore as a software sales manager, which he says got something related to accounts


I : Oh, then how come you didn't go to Singapore to work? I mean the pay is double, you have your brother there...why?


F : Well, thats because I love Malaysia so much(knock head to the wall)


I : Haha..ok ok. Where do you see yourself in lets say 5 years or 10 years time?


F : Well, hopefully opening my own business, own concept store..i love fashion.


I : Oh..you don't plan to be an associate or a partner in an audit firm?


F : Er...Ya..that too (knock heads again)


Thinking that i would't get the job, i sat at home again, when suddenly, Norah, Kim's mom called and ask me to join her company, an international executive search firm as a consultant. Not knowing what to expect, i gave it a try. To my amazement, it was the best company i could ever hope, work for. The place is so colorful, vibrant, happy, friendly. Even the boss that interviews me, which is my boss right now...seriously speaking..i din even knw she's my boss ok..coz she doesn't act like one..our interview was fun. We were more to chit chatting and laughing, rather than the serious interview where your hands will sweat and all...(OH..forgot to mentioned that i went for the audit firm interview WITHOUT A TIE..sheesh). So not knowing whether the interview with the executive search firm goes well or not, once I got home, I immediately got a call for a second interview. This is with the HR manager. So went there again, and same thing happen. We were chit chatting, laughing...And the 3rd time they called, i was offered the job. BUT..the audit firm, that i thought i wouldn't get, also offered me a position as an auditor. Wow, the dillema i had. Not knowing which one to choose. To do something that has related to what I've studied for 3 years, or to go for something that suits me...obligations or passion. Shared my situation with Miss Fits, she said, 'Always go for something that you like, you will feel more motivated to perform, and you will feel happy about it at the end of the day'. Hence, with that in mind, I've chosen to work with the company which I'm in now, which is the international executive search firm, and am happy to say that i enjoyed every moment of it.


Seasons come and go, but friends are forever. Would like to take this opportunity to actually acknowledge some of my friends that have tremendous influence in my life.


Amanda Quah - Thanks for being there for me and for treating me as part of your family. Will find you again for sleepovers, pillow fights and making melia cry.


Flora Oh - Even though U're a tough chick(which u r) i still love you no matter wat..hehe..


Sherie Seow - Another member of the family, thanks for everything.


Ashley Wong - My sleeping partner..haha..thank you for constantly being there for me through everything


Mark Lim - My bro, stay strong for whatever that comes in your life. Will always be here for you if you need me


Andrea Chin - Petsis, my blur petsis, you're a wonderful and entertaining person. Always be yourself and stay happy. Love you


Reuben Chen - Thanks for everything. For supporting me all this while.


Germaine Ong - Germs, you are like the sunshine that always provides me with joy. Thanks


Siew Chen - Mommy, u n germs are like bread and butter, compliment each other..thanks for always being there for me, thanks for being my duet partner for chinese songs, which we both dunno the words also..


Soon Huat - Ah Quah, haha...thanks for always being like a brother figure to me. Will always remember u, germs, n chen when we were at Mcd till 6am. Haha


Those others that i've forgotten, not to say that you're not important, but i would like to jus make this post for them, for being there with me. THANK YOU...


Ash, Manda, Sher, Mark and me Us at Malacca The family, Sher, Manda and Flora Reu, Sher and Mark at Bukit Tinggi

Well, that's all for my 1 anniversary post. Hopefully to keep this blog alive..HOPEFULLY la huh..Till then, have a great day ahead.

No comments: