Thursday, April 23, 2009

Feeling very heavy hearted

Just when you thought the day couldn't end bad enough...Let's start with what happened early in the morning...
The alarm rang at 7am. Lazily I snooze it and went back to sleep, which I do not usually do on a regular basis. But force myself up 5 minutes later to get ready for work. Left the house, at 7.25am..but not knowing why my heart was beating like a very fast drum beat...When I reached the office, I had a short meeting with Sarah to discuss on the assignments that I'm working on. Been given 2 more new assignments...1 repeating assignments looking for a chemist but now dealing with coatings, another is a totally new assignments that no one in my company has ever done before...clinical research associate...beating my brains out on how to get hold of candidates...using so many types of ways..even asked boss on how to get names, she din have a clue..but was up to the challenge...However, the heart beat still was there...somehow I can sense something wasn't right..

Mom called...which was out of the ordinary, just asking what's my fax number coz she wants to fax something over...So nothing to worry about that..Sher called asking me to call up a few more youth that she din get any reply regards to our youth gathering this saturday...nothing to worry bout that as well...then around 3 plus, Jean called..

"Boss wanna see you in the red room"
"Oh my..why so sudden..is everything alright?"
"Grrrr..I tell you later...damn pissed now"
Being typical Jean, I just laugh and went to the red room..that's when everything began to crumble...Here's the conversation...

"Hi Freddie, there's something I wanna discuss with you...*boss still smiling*"
*me jus gave boss the curious look*
"As you know with what's happening, we're taking some neccessary and rapid changes on what we are doing right now..as you also know all the new policy has been put into place to accomodate the chages that is happening right now...*me still givin boss the curious look*... Hence we're restructuring our company..."
"Oh...okay..and..."
"So...you'll be moved to the HIACE team coz they need a good researcher for them..you'll be joining the EMS team..."
*blink blink with mouth open...wide*
"WAT THE...you're not joking right? Why? Why me? I know nothing bout EMS(which stands for Energy, Manufacturing and Semi Conductor)... I'm an accounts grad, I started off in FIFA(Financial Institution, Finance and Accounting), then went to COM (anything under the sun that other team don't cover), then CELL(Chemical, Education, Logistic and Life Science) which btw, am one of the pioneer to start off that team, and it has been great having team mates like them(was refering to sarah, gami and sandra)...I worked well with them ...so why me...?"
"Well, seeing the fact that you are able to adapt well there, and you learn very fast, taht's why it has been decided not only by me, but also Roger(our country director) that we put you under the EMS to help them build their database...There's a reason for you to be there and knowing you, you'll be able to handle the industry very well"
Well, basically the conversation continued...me asking boss who else will be moving teams..a few people will b moving, 1 team will be demolish, 1 team will be set up...The point is, I've been happy all this while in a group where I get to be myself, where I get to laugh with the 3 of them , where I get to discuss problems with the 3 of them be it work or personal, where I get to bitch with them about a few other people in our company(who's name shall not be disclosed)...and now i gotta move to another team? Not to say they're not good..ok..here's the difference...

CELL - Sarah, Gami, Sandra and me...all age roughly the same, Sarah 26, Sandra and Gami 27, me 24..all single.. Loved to laugh, loved to watch movie, loved to talk, have passion for work...basically they are what I call my sister...they are always there for me, they are the 1st person I told about...me..besides some choir members la...

EMS - Adrian, Charlene, Yip Wei and Jared...All married, have kids except Charlene...plus they're in HIACE(Consist of EMS, E&I(energy and infrastructure) and CNM(Consumer), which has no LIFE like LIFE team(LIFE team consist of COM, FIFA and CELL)..Everyone in HIACE are marred while everyone in LIFE are not..except boss...

See the differences? See how bloody different the environment is? There is a reason why LIFE is called LIFE team..because we have LIFE...sigh...

So I went back, i just had to tell someone, so I told Gami, whom I have been working very closely covering the pharma industry, and while telling her, I almost teared...she gave me a hug and state her dissatisfaction...Bitch a while, then went in back to the office...Then she told Sarah, Sarah called me into the interview room, and talked to me..like a sister..while she was talking..suddenly her eyes started tearing..a bit la...AND KNOWING ME...once i cry, i'll be like a burst dam..AND i cannot see people cry, if not I'll cry..so yea..I burst la...SHE HAD TO GO GET TISSUE FOR ME!!..sheesh..the humiliation...

Then Sarah called Gami and Sandra to come into the room, and Sarah explain what was happening...then i continue to cry again...The reason I cried wasn't because of moving, although they are like a stone throw away, but its more of because I have alerady just gotten used to the fact that I'm finally in the right team, doing the right thing, with the right team mates..and now..I have to move...and to make things worse...the person all 4 of us dread of, whom we called monkey..is taking over my place..joining CELL..So basically, i cried for a while, half way they decided to crack a joke, then laugh..this is how we work...when we work, we really work, but when we are stress or needed to jus laugh, we will all laugh or just go down and get ice cream or walk to starbucks and get hot chocolate or coffee..thats what we do...THE BOND IS THERE...

I'm sure gonna miss the 3 of them...sarah, my wonderful leader and sister, Gami the one whom I annoy the most(that's because she loves to annoy me)..but she's like my sister and I'm her baby bro, and Sandra, the wonderful researcher whom I've learn so much and appreciate a lot because she was the one whom I look up to in this point of my life...I'll miss you all...


The 3 angels with Fer...From left : Sarah, Fer, Sandra and Gami...
Well, we'll see how it goes on with EMS team..if really things dont work out, I'll ask to be shifted back to CELL team... (am in tears while typing this)
In the mean time...Andrea Chin, Ann, my pet sister..will be leaving for India tomorrow morning for her posting. Drop by her place to give her some advise (she says I sound like her dad... =.=")
Then went to see how HUGE her bag was(El say its huge)..so my mind went straight to the army type of bags..the one where its so damn bloody huge that you just have to drag it..and that is also using your entire strength to pull an inch...But ok la..not so big la...
Took a few pics with her...

1st pic..me smiling..ann...typical of her to give that type of expression..got scolding from me...2nd pics...me decided to show funny faces...Hence got scolding from her....I SAW THIS COMING...I KNEW SHE WAS GOIN TO DO SOMETHING...But what the hell..my lovable pet sister..gonna miss you for 6 months...PLS EAT!! Don come back half your size...you alerady look half your size..you should eat more..maybe you can have roti canai EVERYDAY and EVERY MEAL!!....

.................................................................................

This goes out to U...U know who you are...that is if you do read my blog...Just when I needed you the most, you weren't there for me...I was left alone...But when you needed me, I was there..When you were going for interview, you asked me some tips...when you needed a job, you ask me to find you a job...When you need me, I was there for you..But not you...I'm disappointed, I'm sad, I'm devastated...I'm speechless... (tears began to roll down again)

Why did I fall for you so fast...

.................................................................................

Fourth post of the day, that's a record...

3 comments:

.:.@nGeliN.:. said...

Hey freddy!!

Mayb there's a reason behind this arrangement even if it seems dificult to u..
Remember God is with u always & u with him too..
stay strong dude..
^^ luv...

freddiewee said...

Hey angelin...thx..
yea..i'll slowly embrace the changes and all...hopefully am strong enough...
and yes i know god is with me..
thx...

Anonymous said...

We aim by giving quality models as well as services To buyers going on a world wide basis.[url=http://www.reactchem.com/]CAS 102-76-1[/url] is an artificial chemical compound, commonly frequented as a nourishment additive, as instance a warm or hot environment a solvent in flavourings, and being this humectant function, by E amount E1518 and also Australian approval code A1518. [url=http://www.reactchem.com/]Glycerol Triacetate[/url] is as well a component as to casting liquor via TG as well as a warm or hot environment an excipient into pharmaceutical models where it is used a warm or hot environment a humectant, a plasticizer, and as a solvent